Friday, September 30, 2011

Presentations on cochlears to Tanana Junior High students

Several classes at TMS in Fairbanks have viewed a video on cochlear implants and a video on the surgical implantation. As a candidate for a cochlear implant I am sharing my pre-operation and information on cochlear implants and how I became a candidate. They asked so many questions about how I lost my hearing, how old was I, can I hear when I take out my hearing aids and how much it cost and am I scared. I was able to answer all of their questions. Am I scared? Not really, nervous to find out if I can hear better, but with no hearing, it is exciting to see how I do. It will be a learning curve to say the least. I am trying to stay positive and inspired. I am hopeful. I promised them I would return after getting it implanted and show them the real thing. I am excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment