Monday, October 24, 2011

Today is THE DAY: ACTIVIATION of Cochlear implant

Today is the DAY for activation of cochlear implant. I am nervous and fearful that it won't work. After surgery to implant device and then it doesn't work. That is my fear. However I have faith that the Dr did what he was suppose to do, just praying that my body will do what it is suppose to do now. Hopefully it is healing right and no scar tissue will form over anything to stop it from working.
On the other hand I am excited to hear again after years of asking, "what, could you repeat that?" It does get old for all my friends and family.  I have faith that this too will be the beginning of a new me. I will start my journey with Northern Hearing and Dr. Heidi Sheridan at 9:00 today. It will be a long journey but so well worth it. I am off to my appointment to the world of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment