Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 2 Mapping Oct. 25,2011

This was done to fine tune the channels and see how well I had done the first day. I had three channels different volume levels. Audiologist said it was the same, a little change but it was good. I was doing great. She said some sounds would seem strange. I told her my head hurt, she changed strength of magnet. Will check and see if that is too weak or what for next time. These things will have to be changed periodically until the swelling goes down some more. She gave me four channels and each have its own volume to go down to where it is comfortable. She also gave me telecoil option to see how it works with my Blackberry. I have to hold the phone kind of in a weird spot but who cares I can hear on Mike's phone. Mike and I will experiment until Monday(Halloween) when we see Heidi again. I will have my hearing tested in a booth and she will work with my other hearing aid. I listened to more music on the way home. I have to learn to tune in to the person talking to me and I don't have to read their lips. It is awesome. The drive home was long. I had a bad headache by time we got home, but I wanted to keep on the processor til I talked to my girls. It is great to see their expressions. Shannon laughed and hugged me. Colleen was asleep. Well bedtime did not come too soon-I was exhausted again.Hearing is hard work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment