Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 3 Oct. 26,2011

I am home. Colleen came up to say to get up and she was talking to her dad and I replied, her expression was priceless. She said OMGod, she heard me. IT was great!! Today was training at district office. The first group hearing environment. It went well. I had to first tune into the speaker, although it was hard to tune out the side conversations at times. But I could understand the speakers. They still sounds like munchkins at times. When I change channels they sounds kind of munchkin-like for a few minutes and then may sound different. I noticed certain woman's voices stay sounding munchkin-like and others sound close to OK.Men sound different. All have a bubbly sound at the end of what they say. But it is understandable. I told my Audiologist that sounds are easy for me since that is what I do all day long helping kids learn sounds and how to read. So my brain must be used to certain things and is saying oh yay I remember that!! How cool is that!! TV is still hard to process at times. But will work on that. I know I can hear people talking to me in the car now. I am told my voice is quieter. We will see tomorrow at school.
Getting a hair change next Wed. Cutting some of the underneath hair so fit processor easier-too much hair and it gets all tangled in processor at times and it hurts. My head hurts again tonight. Not sure if it is processor dangling at times, glasses(think going to contact and cheaters might be better) or just a long day!! Will be emailing Heidi to ask. All for today-it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment