Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So greatful to my TEAM

Words can't express the gratitude to Dr. D. Backous and his team at Head and Skull Surgery Center at Swedish Hospital. It does take a team effort to get to this point in the process. I am also indebted to Dr. Eric Tallen, my ENT for sending me to Seattle for consultations and bringing me back into the world of hearing. I am forever greatful to this awesome team of people.
My thanks to Stacey Watson for her expertise in evaluating my hearing. It was very painful and the most extensive testing I have had done. However she was extremely supportive and caring.
Many many thanks to Dr. Backous. Dr. Heidi Sheridan had looked at my results and wondered why they had said I was a candidate as my hearing in a quiet environment is at 85%. She wondered why? Until she looked at Dr. Backous's notes and further testing in a noisy environment and the level 14%. Quite a difference. Dr. Backous said we don't live in a quiet environment and I did not teach in one, so I became a candidate due to that one area. There is criteria that you have to pass to become a candidate and I passed. Dr. Backous is the most caring and friendly Doctor I have known in a long time. The time he takes to ask questions, look at history, check MRI and do a thorough look at ears himself,makes all the difference in how much faith and trust I felt from the time I talked to his staff on the phone to set up appts. He is just as caring and nice in person as he is on his video.
Also thanks to his nursing staff and office staff for trouble shooting everything from insurance to flights.
The last person is Dr. Heidi Sheridan, audiologist in Alaska. Dr. Backous and Stacey W. recommended her when I chose the cochlear to implant. Since I am from Alaska, they said Cochlear is the one Dr. Heidi works with. She is super helpful and supportive. She helped me with flights to Seattle, appts in Alaska and shared with my husband and I the joy of the activation. She gets the good job!! She sees the result of the efforts of Stacey and Dr. Backous. I am sending Thank yous to all very soon!!! Maybe with new hairdo pics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment